Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at the Bass Museum of Art. The Bass Museum of Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The following positions are currently posted at the Bass Museum of Art:
CURATOR OF EXHIBITIONS
The Bass Museum of Art seeks a Curator of Exhibitions with a minimum of three to five years of experience and expertise in conceptualizing and planning exhibitions and the general management and implementation of logistics involved in the curatorial department.
Reporting to the Chief Curator, the Curator of Exhibitions will form part of the museum’s management team. In consultation with the Chief Curator, he/she will support and organize exhibitions, monitor exhibition department budget, supervise installation and implementation, contribute content to publications, museum signage and website. Additionally, she/he will represent the Bass Museum of Art and become an active participant in the local art community.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• M.A. degree in art history or curatorial studies with specialization in contemporary art
• Knowledge of standard museum and preservation practices
• Proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines; highly developed organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment for creation and implementation of projects; equally comfortable in a leadership role or as a team member
• Prior experience working with contemporary artists, galleries and museums, interest in contemporary art and artists
• Experience with collection management systems preferred
• Demonstrated writing ability; computer, editing and proofreading skills
• Demonstrated public speaking skills
• Excellent listening skills, comfortable receiving input from many sources, able to strategize by analyzing and formulating disparate information into a sound, well-organized plan
• Emotionally mature with a sense of humor and the flexibility and sensitivity to work with diverse personalities and situations, tactful and respectful of other’s concerns, able to reach objectives when barriers arise using flexible and creative alternatives and solutions.
For more information or to submit an application, please send cover letter and resume to Vanessa Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
JUNIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER + WEBMASTER
The Junior Graphic Designer + Webmaster is responsible for the design and visual communications of the Bass Museum of Art. They will work directly with the PR + Marketing Manager on design, marketing strategies and implementation for the Bass Museum of Art; everything from designing every exhibition’s print materials (invitations, brochures, etc.) to maintaining the museum’s website to the identity/environmental design and signage within and outside of the museum. Must have sharp typography and design skills, excellent communication skills, a love of art and 3+ years work experience.
Calls and emails are not accepted regarding the status of employment applications.